As we are loading up this new year of 2019, I have enumerated 12 important points leaders need more than ever before:
- Finish what you have started in 2018 (or even 2017) if it still serves you! If not, hit the RESET button and let it go! (Trying not to hear the overplayed song from Frozen as I say this!)
- Put your Word-Of-The-Year to use! Focus on it! “What you focus on expands, so focus on what you want, not on what you do not want.”- Esther Jno Charles (Mindset, mindset, mindset)
- Honor your boundaries like NEVER before. Guard your time and energy- both are precious!
- Identify your areas of denial- what are you denying, or pretending not to know?
- 5. Set inspirational outcomes, not just mechanically-stated goals. We are human beings, not human doings.
- Identify and reduce tolerations. (What you have been “putting up with” drains your energy.)
- What are your assets, liabilities? What’s missing? Leverage or address these. It will make all the difference.
- Hone in on your areas of growth such as Outcomes, Becoming, Upgrades, and Mastery. Let these drive your get-to-do-lists. (Yes, I said “get to” do- totally changes my perspective of being overly task-oriented.)
- Finish your Unfinished Business. (The fewer unresolved items in your life, the more confident you will feel.). This can be in the practical sense or in a deeper way of dealing with areas of emotional baggage and the like.
- Raise Your Standards. The higher your standards, the fewer problems you will experience. (“Upleveling” changes everything- a new term for improving yourself)
- Intentionally accomplish something on your bucket list (or at least take steps toward planning for it- (e.g., get plane tickets or check in with a travel agent about that Mediterranean cruise, etc.). Life is too short to wait!
- Get a great planner (I recommend High Performance Planner by Brendon Burchard)
Of course, a 13th point might be to hire a great coach! A coach is someone who partners with his/her clients in a profound, co-creative way to guide the client in a pursuit of ultimate outcomes of higher achievement and fulfillment. May this is your best year ever!!
Erin K. Garcia is a Master’s Level Splankna Practitioner as well as a Professional Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation. Erin brings Neuro-Performance and Leadership Coaching to the forefront in a day when people want to get to the root causes and hidden blocks keeping them from the successful outcomes they desire. Her book, The Real Skinny On My Anorexia, was released in 2016.